- How to Enjoy Mardi Gras with Your Friendsby Sandra Barger
Mardi Gras is a time for celebration! Whether you’re in New Orleans or anywhere else in the world, here are some tips on how to enjoy Mardi Gras with your friends. First, make sure to wear something festive. A lot of people like to dress up in costumes during Mardi Gras, so feel free to get creative! You can also decorate your house or apartment with Mardi Gras decorations. Food and drinks are a big part of the celebration, so be sure to have plenty of both. And don’t forget the music! Make sure to have a playlist ready with all your favorite Mardi Gras songs. Have a great time and Happy Mardi Gras!
If you’re looking for some ideas on how to celebrate Mardi Gras, here are some tips from the experts at Party City:
- Wear something festive and colorful. A lot of people like to dress up in costumes during Mardi Gras, so feel free to get creative!
- Decorate your house or apartment with Mardi Gras decorations. It will help you and your friends get in the mood for celebration. If you want, you can even throw a party! Just make sure to invite lots of people so it’s not just an excuse for everyone to binge drink alone ;).
- Enjoy traditional New Orleans food and drinks like gumbo, beignets, and Hurricanes. If you’re not in New Orleans, no problem! There are plenty of restaurants and bars that will have specials for Mardi Gras.
- Listen to music that will get you in the Mardi Gras spirit. Some great songs include “Mardi Gras Mambo” by the Hawkettes or “Iko Iko” by The Dixie Cups.
- Share your photos and videos from Mardi Gras with friends. It’s always fun to see how everyone else celebrated, so don’t be shy about posting something on social media!
- Write a blog post about how you and your friends celebrated. It’s a great way to remember all the good times you had.
Whatever you do, have a great time and Happy Mardi Gras! 🙂
- One Month of Tracking Your Health: What I Learnedby Sandra Barger
Ever wonder what happens to your body when you are healthy? What about during sickness or injury? You can learn a lot by tracking how it changes over time. This article will talk about what I learned from one month of tracking my health and fitness goals.
First was I was able to see how my body reacts to exercise. I have never been very active, so I didn’t know how much pain or soreness to expect after a workout. Now that I am tracking it, I can see that my body isn’t as sore after working out as it used to be. This is great news because now I can push myself a little harder at the gym.
Secondly, I was able to see how my diet affects my overall health. By tracking what I ate each day, I could see that some foods made me feel bloated or tired while others gave me more energy. Now that I am aware of this, I am trying to eat more of the foods that make me feel good.
I also realized how much I was sleeping each night. When you are tracking your sleep, because it is broken down into specific periods throughout the night (like REM and deep). Now I know why sometimes I felt like my brain wasn’t working properly–it turns out, not getting enough rest can really affect your ability to think clearly.
Finally, now that I am tracking my moods throughout the day it is easier for me to see when something is affecting them negatively or positively. If work was stressful one night, I could see how much more tired and grouchy I felt at home later on in the evening because of it. But if I had a great day at work, I could see how that translated into me feeling happier and more relaxed later on in the evening.
Overall, tracking my health for just one month has taught me a lot about what makes me feel good and what doesn’t. And now that I have this information, I can use it to make positive changes in my life. If you are thinking about tracking your health, I recommend giving it a try–you might be surprised by what you learn!
- 7 Health Trends You Can Try outby Sandra Barger
Are you looking for some ways to improve your health this year? Do you need a little extra push in the right direction? Try out these seven health trends that are very popular right now.
1) Vegan Diet: if you want to feel better, lose weight, and reduce your risk of heart disease or diabetes then going vegan is one way to do it! There are so many benefits from being on a vegan diet including an improvement in mood and energy levels.
2) Yoga: yoga can be a great way to get healthy and relieve stress while also improving flexibility. It’s really simple too- all you have to do is find a class near by! Check out some local studios online if there isn’t any nearby.
3) Keto Diet: this one is a diet that focuses on healthy fats and proteins. It’s been shown to help with weight loss, mental clarity, and even skin conditions like acne!
4) Intermittent Fasting: this is a good one for people who don’t like to cook or worry about food. You fast and then eat normal meals at the same times every day- but you only do this once or twice a week!
5) Hydration: this one is simple- drink more water! Not only does hydration help with weight loss, but it also helps improve moods and skin health.
6) Carb Cycling: this is a diet where you eat more carbs on some days and less carbs on others. It’s been shown to help with weight loss, moods, and energy levels.
7) Work Out Journal: this is a good one if you’re trying to get into shape and want some accountability. You just write down what you did each day that week and then look back on it- maybe even at the end of the year!
These are just a few of the many health trends that are popular right now. If you’re not sure where to start, try out one or two of these and see how you feel. The most important thing is to be consistent and don’t give up! You can do it!
Also remember to consult your doctor before starting a new diet or fitness plan! It may or may not be right for you.
Happy New Year! Let’s make 2022 the healthiest year yet! 🙂
- Interesting 10 Ways to Relax at Your Homeby Sandra Barger
If you’re feeling stressed and anxious, or just want to take a break from your hectic schedule, here are 10 ways that can help you relax at home.
1) A hot bath with Epsom salt is a great way to reduce aches and pains while also soothing your senses. Relax in the tub for 20 minutes without any distractions, such as TV or music.
2) One of my favorite things to do when I’m feeling overwhelmed is listen to calming music. There are many different types of songs that will help calm your nerves – find what works best for you!
3) Take some time out of each day for yourself by setting aside 30 minutes before bedtime where only you exist. This can be used for reading, meditating, or just winding down.
4) Read a good book ! Not only will it help you relax, but it can also be a great way to escape from reality for a little while.
5) Listen to podcasts or audio books. This is a great way to get lost in another world for a little while and can be really helpful if you’re wanting to learn something new.
6) Make sure your bedroom is dark, cool, and quiet. The best environment for sleep is one that’s dark, quiet, and cool. Consider using a noise machine or earplugs to block out any unwanted sounds.
- Buy blackout curtains if your bedroom has light shining in from outside.
- Use a fan or air conditioner to create a cool environment.
- Place pillows and blankets around your bed to block out any light.
- You could also use an eye mask to block out all light if you don’t have blackout curtains or a fan/air conditioner.
7) Snuggle with your pet. Pets are known to be relaxing and calming, so snuggle up with your furry friend for a little while.
- If you don’t have a pet, consider visiting a local animal shelter or go on a walk in the park.
- Spend time brushing or petting your pet.
- Watch funny animal videos online.
- Talk to your pet about what’s going on in your life. Pets are great listeners!
8) Eat a snack. For some, eating can be a great way to relax. Eat something sweet or salty – whatever your preference is!
- Make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy it slowly.
- Turn the TV off for an hour while you unwind with snacks in front of the couch.
- Find comfort food that you enjoy and indulge in it.
- Find something else that you enjoy eating if snacks aren’t your thing!
9) Journal to let out all your emotions and thoughts. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take some time to write down everything that’s going on in your mind.
- Journaling about what you appreciate can also be a great way to bring yourself back into balance when life gets too hectic.
- Get creative! Draw or doodle in your journal to help you relax.
- Use affirmations to write down what you want to manifest in your life.
- Write down a list of things that make you happy.
- Don’t hold back – let everything out!
10) Go outside. Fresh air can do wonders for your body and mind, so take a walk around the block if you have time.
- If it’s nice out, go sit outside on your front porch or in your backyard.
- Take this time to appreciate nature! Look at the trees, listen to the birds singing – just relax into the moment.
I hope these tips help you relax and de-stress in your own home. Do what works best for you, and don’t be afraid to experiment until you find what helps you the most. :)Interesting 10 Ways to Relax at Your Home*
- Choosing Dog House Decor That Will Last for Yearsby Sandra Barger
If you are looking to get into the Christmas spirit and give your home a warm welcome to the festive season then why not consider some fun dog house decor. A beautiful house in the Christmas light of day can make all the difference to a pet’s moods both during the festive season and throughout the year. It is no surprise that Christmas is one of the biggest dog house decorating themes around. But for those who are thinking of making dog house decorations or who are planning on buying them for the new year, there are many options to consider. You can buy all types of gifts for your pooches this holiday season and still not be able to spend enough on the decorations.
You can buy dog house decor for your family dog as well as those that you want to give as gifts to others. And even if you don’t have a dog you can still dress up your home with holiday dog house decor. The designs that are available range from whimsical to reverent, from the traditional to the kitsch, and everything in between. There is something out there for everyone.
When you are looking dog house decor for the holidays you might also be looking for something a little bit more expensive. And there is nothing wrong with that. If you have a little extra money to spend on gifts for your family or friends then why not splurge a bit and purchase an exquisite piece of dog house decor. Or, if you are a bit flush and don’t want to go all out you can purchase nice and simple but beautiful dog house decor for your home.
There are many different types of dog house decorations that you can purchase. You can find them at your local craft store, in catalogs, or online. The first thing that you will want to do before you go shopping is decide what type of dog house you would like and how big you want them to be. This will help you narrow down your choices when it comes time to make a final decision.
The most common dog house decor used during the holidays is one that features a traditional look. This might be in the form of a white and silver tiled structure or it might be a simple wooden structure. A lot of people decide on this design because it is easy to replicate. All you need is the fabric and some paint. These are very inexpensive dog house decors to purchase and they can be found almost anywhere.
If you want something a bit more original then you will want to consider purchasing a brass dog house decor. These are much more expensive than the white and silver ones, but they are a very elegant look. Brass looks a lot more expensive and it has a rich appearance. It is a very classy metal and will make your dog house decor much more attractive. Brass can be purchased in many finishes, so you will want to shop around before settling on a particular color.
Some other fantastic dog house decor ideas include mirrors. Mirrors allow you to get a good view of your dog house while it is sitting there quietly taking care of business. You can purchase mirror covers to keep dirt and bugs from ruining your beautiful dog house interior.
Another great addition to your dog house is a toy box. There are several different types of toys you can purchase and they make for great dog house decors. If you are on a budget, you can also just purchase an old toy that your dog will love. No matter which dog house decor you choose you will be satisfied with your purchase once your dog arrives at home.
- Great Ways For Your Dog To Get More Exerciseby Sandra Barger
If you own a dog then you will need to make sure that it remains fit and healthy for a long period of time and this can be achieved with the help of exercise. Regular exercise is very important for the overall growth and development of the dog and hence you will need to find out the great ways for your dog to get more exercise. This is especially important because of the amount of exercise that your dog needs will depend on his age, health as well as mental conditions. Moreover, you need to make sure that your dog is working out on a regular basis so that it will get the required amount of exercise. Since the majority of older dogs are facing issues like obesity and overweight, you will need to make sure that your dog will get more exercise. Exercise is very beneficial in eliminating the risks of health problems like arthritis, diabetes, heart disease, and cancer. Therefore, you need to get your dog to do many different kinds of exercises for making sure that it does not get boring and will enjoy the session to the fullest.
When you opt for regular exercise for your dogs, you will not have to keep it fenced in the yard for long because it will remain healthy with the different kinds of exercises. There are many kinds of dog sports that your pet can get involved in so that it will make the dog more energetic and healthy. Moreover, you will need to lay hide and seek together with your dog as it is an exciting game that you should play with your dog to make it more active and alert. Going for swimming sessions with your dog is also an excellent way to make your dog do exercise as it will boost metabolism and improve blood circulation. While getting outdoors is very beneficial for a pet dog, but you can also be indoors to exercise your dog so that it will get the best kind of physical activity.
Running with the dog is also an important, effective, and easy exercise as it will make your dog physically and mentally fit. This also helps in burning the excess calories of the dog so that you will get a healthy pet with the help of regular exercise sessions. You can even make your dog run on a treadmill so that it will have an enjoyable time on this workout equipment. Even if you don’t have enough time to take your dog out for a walk outdoors, you can opt for exercise on the treadmill so that it will have an enjoyable time. You should adjust the speed, difficulty level, and overall weight of the dog for making sure that it can have a great workout. Dog yoga is also gaining a lot of popularity in the present times as it allows the dog to get calm and enjoy the best workout times. You can also opt for acupressure and dog massage so that you will get the health benefits that you need for your pet.
- How To Make Sure Your Hectic Household Stays Clean and Orderlyby Sandra Barger
Cleaning your house can be frustrating. It seems like the task is neverending. This has prompted many homeowners to wonder if it’s useless even to try to get your house cleaned. The task is more difficult with busy households with pets and kids. If you are one of those people asking, how to make sure your hectic households stay clean and orderly, then the tips below can gain more control.
Keep everything in its place
There’s a famous saying that goes, have a place for everything and keep everything in its place. It is sound advice. And if more people followed this advice, then we’ll have fewer messy households. Train yourself to put things away right after you use them. But maybe your problem is that you lack space for all your stuff. Well, perhaps you have too much stuff, to begin with. You should probably consider getting rid of some of your belongings instead of trying to find storage for them. You can either sell or give your unused stuff away. You may even make some good money out of them.
After you get rid of some of your stuff, you should find a specific place for your remaining possessions. If space is a problem, then try a DIY solution. If you lack closer space, for example, then you can install curtain rods in your room so you’ll have a place to hang your clothes. If you have kids, then you need to teach them the habit of putting things back to their proper homes after they use them. This simple habit alone can do a lot in keeping your house clean and orderly.
Clean one room at a time
The reason why many homeowners feel overwhelmed with the task of cleaning the house is that they try to clean several rooms at once. To stay sane, you need to focus on one room at a time. You have to remind yourself that you don’t have to clean your whole house in a single day. You’ll discover that you’ll be more efficient and you’ll feel less stressed when you try this approach. Trying to clean more than one room at a time is a recipe for disaster. When you try to multitask, you may end up not accomplishing anything.
Keep a schedule
You don’t have to do a thorough cleaning of the rooms in your house every day. That’s impossible. What’s doable is to keep your home clutter-free every day of the week. This is a more realistic goal to aim for. And to achieve this goal, you need to follow a schedule. You need to make cleaning your home a part of your life. You should create a list of things that need to be done and then indicate when to these tasks. If you can, and if your kids are old enough, you can also enlist your kids to help you with some of the tasks. You’ll be able to get the job done quickly if you can get some help.
- How To Navigate Potty Training With A New Dogby Sandra Barger
When you have a new dog the first thing you must teach it is potty training. After all, you would not want it to poop at a different place all the time. It must poop at once a place that would make it easy for you to clean it up. There are a few things to remember when you are navigating potty training with a new dog:
Take the Dog Outdoors
Buy a leash that will make the dog feel comfortable while it is wearing it. Take it to a spot then lead it to the spot where you want your pet to poop. Let it smell the spot a little until it is a bit comfortable. Once it takes a dump in that spot, you should give it a doggy treat. It would love the treat especially if it is made from yummy ingredients. It may even get so addicted to it until it will bark non-stop for you to give the dog more of the treats. Of course, you must not let that happen and only give your pet the doggie treats when he deserves it.
Repeat the Same Procedure
Once your dog just finished eating, it will be like a human that it would need to poop again. It would be hard for the dog to hold its poop inside your apartment. Resume potty training in an apartment by taking it outdoors again 20 minutes after it ate. You must take it back to the same spot in did the poop. It will smell the spot again.
Look at the dog and point toward the spot it did a potty several hours ago. This may be the time when you can invent a command for your dog to poop on its own. When you successfully complete this procedure for several days straight, the dog will want to look for that spot next time and it will poop at the right spot on its own. Of course, you would need to go there and clean up the mess your dog made. You would not want another pet owner to do that for you or it may be a bit embarrassing.
Now that you know how to navigate potty training with a new dog, you are going to be confident about getting a bunch of dogs. It will be hard to manage a dog at first but once you train it properly, the pet will become your best friend. Of course, don’t forget to clean up after the dog poops. Don’t be the cause of someone’s shoe stinking after that person accidentally steps on the poop. Remember, you would need a lot of patience with your new dog. It may not understand your commands during the first few times that you will try and teach it where to poop. It will take a few days or even weeks of trial and error. Whatever happens, you must not give up because it is important to teach that to the dog.
- When Crate Training is Good For Your Dog (And When It Isn’t)by Sandra Barger
You’ve probably heard about the many benefits of crate training for dogs. But maybe you’re just hearing one side of the story. Knowing when crate training is good for your dog (and when it isn’t) is essential if you truly care for your dog and if you want only want the best for it. By the way, there is a difference between a crate and a kennel. A crate is portable while a kennel is usually larger and is meant to be kept in one spot.
When crate training is good for your dog
If you want to make the toilet training process to be easy. – Crate training your dog can make the toilet training process easier both for you and your dog. Seasoned dog owners out there will tell you that the toilet training process can be difficult and even stressful for both parties involved. One of the things that you can do to make the process easier is to get a crate that is sized perfectly for your puppy. The crate should not be too big or else there is a good chance that your dog will use it as a toilet. If the crate is only big enough for him to stretch out, then he will eventually learn to control his bladder and to go out of the crate when he feels like it’s time to “go.” Of course, having a regular time for dog-walking can also help speed up the process.
If the puppy needs his own private space. – It is a good idea to get a crate for your puppy when you see that it looking for a space of its own. If everyone in your household has his or her own private space, then it is only to fair to also give a private space for your puppy. A crate is perfect for this purpose, especially an enclosed one. He can use the space to relax and to hide if it gets too noisy in your home.
If your puppy has separation anxiety. – If your puppy has a difficult time being away from you or other members of the household, then it is probably suffering from separation anxiety. Getting him a crate can help him with this problem. A crate can serve as a safe and secure space for him to go to when you are not around.
When crate training is not good for your dog
When your dog has done something wrong. – Do not put your dog inside the crate after he has done something or else he might view it as a form of punishment. If this happens then he will have a hard time being comfortable about staying inside the crate.
When your dog is sad or stressed. – Placing a stressed or sad dog inside a crate can only aggravate his condition. Wait until he is okay before you put him inside the crate.
When he is still playing. – If you out a dog inside a crate while he is in the middle of a play session, then he’ll probably just want to go out again to continue playing. The dog should be relaxed when you place him inside the crate.
- What I Wish I Knew When Adopting My First Puppyby Sandra Barger
I always wanted to adopt rather than shop when it comes to getting dogs. Besides, there are a lot of stray dogs out there. It would be awesome if someone would take care of some of them. Here are a few things I wish I knew before adopting a dog:
There are a lot of costs that are associated with taking care of an adopted puppy. There is dog food, dog walkers, injections, and even toys. The compassion your dog will show you is going to be worth all the expenses though. Of course, the dog must be properly taken good care of. When your dog smiles, your stress will definitely go away. Therefore, better be prepared to spend a lot when you adopt a dog. Look at your everyday expenses and see if you can afford to have one. Who knows? It may only be a matter of time before you have two puppies.
You’re going to spend a lot of time training your dog. There will be a time when you will need a programmer’s advice on dog training. After all, it is important to train your puppy the basic commands like where the dog must poop and where the pet must eat too. You will also need to spend at least an hour a day walking your dog outside your house so that it can poop and pee. Besides, you would not want it to make a mess inside your home. While it is a great feeling to have your adopted puppy inside your home, there will be times when it would need to pee and poo just like you.
Lose Social Life
If you were always hanging out with your friends, that will change when you have an adopted puppy. If they also have dogs, you can invite them to go to a pet-friendly place. Since there are a lot of public places that allow dogs like pet parks, that won’t be that big of a problem. You can even meet new friends at the parks. There will also be days when you thought you would go shopping but your dog will be bothering you to walk her out. Of course, it would be hard to resist that cute face but don’t worry since it is possible to have your groceries delivered straight to your home anyway.
Now that you are familiar with what you must know when adopting a dog, you will find out that it is a lot better to adopt a dog than to buy from a breeder. You are going to give a stray dog a second chance at life. It is important to get yourself educated about the responsibilities of being a dog owner. You would not want to let your dog feel neglected. If that is the case, it would be better to not adopt a dog. You are going to feel happy if you were able to take good care of the adopted dog with a lot of effort.