Nesting Fabric Bowls Pattern
100% of all sales through to 30th June 2013 will be donated to the trust fund of Otilija & Orlando, the children of Kathreen Ricketson, founder of Whip Up blog. Details via this post
My Nesting Fabric Bowls pattern includes details & instructions to make a set of 6 nesting bowls. The bowls measure 4″, 5″, 6″, 7″, 8″ & 9″ and all sit comfortably inside each other for storage, or let them loose around the house to hold all sorts of goodies!
Inside the pattern are lots of idea for customising your bowls by adding a feature panel, handles, pockets & straight edges PLUS the simple to use formula to make your own size.
I love a good storage solution and these fabrics bowls are ideal for lots of storage jobs around the home including fabric storage of course Make a coordinating set for some storage in your bedroom or lounge, whip up some small ones for little trinkets & treasures on the dressing table or bedside table, or a larger size with handles for the playroom. Use one for a rubbish bin on the cutting table or a small one as a thread catcher for your travel sewing kit, wow your guests at dinner with a fancy homemade bread basket, gift some homemade goodies in one or make some boxy ones for toy storage. The possibilities are endless.
Make a full set, a set of 3, 4 the same size, just the one or use the formula to make some bowls the exact size you need. Hurrah!
Aimed at beginners & beyond, it’s a small project that you can really put your stamp on.
For beginners it’s a fun little project that you can experiment & play with as your skills and confidence grows, it’s also a great project to practice your quilting on without the overwhelming size of a larger quilting project.
For confident sewists, the maths has all been done for you so you can just play play play!
This downloadable PDF pattern includes ::
- Step by step instructions with colour photos to make a full set of nesting fabric bowls.
- Ideas, tips and instructions to customise with a feature panel, handles, pockets & straight edges.
- A handy formula so you make a custom size bowl.
as well as bowls, the pattern explains how to make boxes too!
add a handle..
you can even hang ‘em up!
I have so many ideas for what fabric bowls can be used for & I am sure you can think of a gazillion more!
- Fabric storage – make a size to fit a stack of fat quarters or go colour coordinated!
- Work basket
- Yarn storage
- Craft supply storage
- Pattern storage
- Scrap storage
- Trash can for on the cutting table or one with a loop to hang in the car
- A set of little bowls for cotton wool pads & cotton tips in the bathroom
- A storage bowl for trinkets & jewels on the dressing table
- Nappy/diaper storage (a great baby shower gift filled with nappies!)
- Gift basket – fill with homemade goodies.
- Toy storage.
- Bread basket or fruit bowl.
… but most important of all, have fun with them, play & make them yours :)
This is a 35 page PDF pattern which includes step by step instructions with colour photos.
Purchase of this pattern also gives the purchaser permission to sell items made using this pattern on a small, home based scale. Credit must be given please – full details of license to sell are included in the pattern.
Payment is via PayPal only, If you don’t have a PayPal account don’t worry, you can pay with credit and debit cards via PayPal.
IMPORTANT! Please Read ::
- This pattern is a PDF file instant download. PDF files require Adobe Reader (a free download from here) to be installed on your computer.
- The PDF pattern will be automatically delivered via e-mail (to the email address in your PayPal profile) as soon as your payment is received.
- The e-mail you receive will include a link to download the file directly to your computer.
- A pop up screen with the download link will also appear after you complete the transaction.
- The download link will expire after 3 attempts. Do not repeatedly access the pattern (for instance on your phone) without first downloading and saving it on your own computer.
- Please download & save the pattern to your computer for future use asap.
- If you choose PayPal’s e-check option, the instant download will take 5-7 days for the e-check to clear and for the instant download link to be sent.
- Lost files may be replaced for a period of 30 days following purchase.
- Sorry, I cannot offer refunds on downloadable patterns.
If you make some fabric bowls, I’d love a peek! Please do share your pics in my flickr group!