Ever wonder what happens to your body when you are healthy? What about during sickness or injury? You can learn a lot by tracking how it changes over time. This article will talk about what I learned from one month of tracking my health and fitness goals.
First was I was able to see how my body reacts to exercise. I have never been very active, so I didn’t know how much pain or soreness to expect after a workout. Now that I am tracking it, I can see that my body isn’t as sore after working out as it used to be. This is great news because now I can push myself a little harder at the gym.
Secondly, I was able to see how my diet affects my overall health. By tracking what I ate each day, I could see that some foods made me feel bloated or tired while others gave me more energy. Now that I am aware of this, I am trying to eat more of the foods that make me feel good.
I also realized how much I was sleeping each night. When you are tracking your sleep, because it is broken down into specific periods throughout the night (like REM and deep). Now I know why sometimes I felt like my brain wasn’t working properly–it turns out, not getting enough rest can really affect your ability to think clearly.
Finally, now that I am tracking my moods throughout the day it is easier for me to see when something is affecting them negatively or positively. If work was stressful one night, I could see how much more tired and grouchy I felt at home later on in the evening because of it. But if I had a great day at work, I could see how that translated into me feeling happier and more relaxed later on in the evening.
Overall, tracking my health for just one month has taught me a lot about what makes me feel good and what doesn’t. And now that I have this information, I can use it to make positive changes in my life. If you are thinking about tracking your health, I recommend giving it a try–you might be surprised by what you learn!
Are you looking for some ways to improve your health this year? Do you need a little extra push in the right direction? Try out these seven health trends that are very popular right now.
1) Vegan Diet: if you want to feel better, lose weight, and reduce your risk of heart disease or diabetes then going vegan is one way to do it! There are so many benefits from being on a vegan diet including an improvement in mood and energy levels.
2) Yoga: yoga can be a great way to get healthy and relieve stress while also improving flexibility. It’s really simple too- all you have to do is find a class near by! Check out some local studios online if there isn’t any nearby.
3) Keto Diet: this one is a diet that focuses on healthy fats and proteins. It’s been shown to help with weight loss, mental clarity, and even skin conditions like acne!
4) Intermittent Fasting: this is a good one for people who don’t like to cook or worry about food. You fast and then eat normal meals at the same times every day- but you only do this once or twice a week!
5) Hydration: this one is simple- drink more water! Not only does hydration help with weight loss, but it also helps improve moods and skin health.
6) Carb Cycling: this is a diet where you eat more carbs on some days and less carbs on others. It’s been shown to help with weight loss, moods, and energy levels.
7) Work Out Journal: this is a good one if you’re trying to get into shape and want some accountability. You just write down what you did each day that week and then look back on it- maybe even at the end of the year!
These are just a few of the many health trends that are popular right now. If you’re not sure where to start, try out one or two of these and see how you feel. The most important thing is to be consistent and don’t give up! You can do it!
Also remember to consult your doctor before starting a new diet or fitness plan! It may or may not be right for you.
Happy New Year! Let’s make 2022 the healthiest year yet! 🙂