If you’re feeling stressed and anxious, or just want to take a break from your hectic schedule, here are 10 ways that can help you relax at home.
1) A hot bath with Epsom salt is a great way to reduce aches and pains while also soothing your senses. Relax in the tub for 20 minutes without any distractions, such as TV or music.
2) One of my favorite things to do when I’m feeling overwhelmed is listen to calming music. There are many different types of songs that will help calm your nerves – find what works best for you!
3) Take some time out of each day for yourself by setting aside 30 minutes before bedtime where only you exist. This can be used for reading, meditating, or just winding down.
4) Read a good book ! Not only will it help you relax, but it can also be a great way to escape from reality for a little while.
5) Listen to podcasts or audio books. This is a great way to get lost in another world for a little while and can be really helpful if you’re wanting to learn something new.
6) Make sure your bedroom is dark, cool, and quiet. The best environment for sleep is one that’s dark, quiet, and cool. Consider using a noise machine or earplugs to block out any unwanted sounds.
- Buy blackout curtains if your bedroom has light shining in from outside.
- Use a fan or air conditioner to create a cool environment.
- Place pillows and blankets around your bed to block out any light.
- You could also use an eye mask to block out all light if you don’t have blackout curtains or a fan/air conditioner.
7) Snuggle with your pet. Pets are known to be relaxing and calming, so snuggle up with your furry friend for a little while.
- If you don’t have a pet, consider visiting a local animal shelter or go on a walk in the park.
- Spend time brushing or petting your pet.
- Watch funny animal videos online.
- Talk to your pet about what’s going on in your life. Pets are great listeners!
8) Eat a snack. For some, eating can be a great way to relax. Eat something sweet or salty – whatever your preference is!
- Make yourself a cup of tea and enjoy it slowly.
- Turn the TV off for an hour while you unwind with snacks in front of the couch.
- Find comfort food that you enjoy and indulge in it.
- Find something else that you enjoy eating if snacks aren’t your thing!
9) Journal to let out all your emotions and thoughts. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, take some time to write down everything that’s going on in your mind.
- Journaling about what you appreciate can also be a great way to bring yourself back into balance when life gets too hectic.
- Get creative! Draw or doodle in your journal to help you relax.
- Use affirmations to write down what you want to manifest in your life.
- Write down a list of things that make you happy.
- Don’t hold back – let everything out!
10) Go outside. Fresh air can do wonders for your body and mind, so take a walk around the block if you have time.
- If it’s nice out, go sit outside on your front porch or in your backyard.
- Take this time to appreciate nature! Look at the trees, listen to the birds singing – just relax into the moment.
I hope these tips help you relax and de-stress in your own home. Do what works best for you, and don’t be afraid to experiment until you find what helps you the most. :)Interesting 10 Ways to Relax at Your Home*