mitts

by Nova on January 31, 2014

a couple of knit finishes from late last year that were sent across the globe.

First up, some pretties for my mum…

welted mitts 1 mitts

The pattern is ‘Welted Fingerless Gloves’ by Church mouse yarns. Details on yarn & pattern used via Ravelry.

mitts 3 mitts

I stitched on some buttons as suggested in the pattern. I used some vintage shell buttons from the stash with some silk thread to match the yarn.

mitts 5 mitts

Next up some practical man mitts for dad.  I wish I had got a photo of my hand beside them as they looked comically large but they are a perfect fit I’ve been assured.

man mitts 1 mitts

The pattern is from this great book ‘Knits Men Want’ by Bruce Weinstein which I borrowed from a friend. My yarn & pattern notes are over on Rav.

Katy January 31, 2014 at 6:49 am

I’m glad you clarified that they were for your mum and dad, I was thinking it wasn’t quite the weather down there, no matter how pretty!

Willit January 31, 2014 at 9:03 am

Very nice! The first one is pretty and the second one manly – they look just right. I’m a woman, but I would be happy to receive either of these :)

Julie January 31, 2014 at 11:14 am

What a pretty green – those little buttons just dress them up beautifully. Are they knitted in the round :( or on straight needles :)

Di February 1, 2014 at 12:30 am

I really love the button and ribbing detailing on your Mum’s mitts.
Di x

Carla February 1, 2014 at 5:40 am

Such pretty mitts for your Mom. The buttons are a perfect addition

a touch of domesticity February 1, 2014 at 7:07 am

My mum would LOVE those! Green, handmade, buttons, wool… I really don’t think there are any other boxes you could tick. Shame I don’t knit! But I sew, so perhaps it’s time to make a green handmade bag with buttons on? Hmmm…

Fiona February 2, 2014 at 7:06 pm

Your parents will have toasty AND stylish mitts. Another 2 knitting projects absolutely smashed. They must be stoked.

Krista - Poppyprint February 12, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Nova, I just love those buttony mitts – so lovely!!