by Nova on June 20, 2013

a few snippets of crafty time  here & there are resulting in a handful of wip’s, albeit with some  closer  to the finish line than others…

wip #1 :  Line Break is off the sticks. Yippee! Just the blocking to go &  pics to follow…

wip #2: I’ve started a cross stitch, I haven’t done one in years & it’s fun  revisiting that particular craft.  I forgot how much I love it.

wip #3: In my continuing (but admittedly slow) effort to use up what I’ve got in the stash I have dived into my beloved blues & greys & started to make great big log cabin blocks.

The blocks are about 15″ square & I’m just going to keep cutting strips of blue & grey loveliness until I have enough for a great big blue quilt.  Watch this space…

wip#4: Since the completion of our last correspondence quilt, mum & I have been sharing tiny 2″ scraps for a chain quilt each. It’s been a joy as ever sending & receiving  little fabricy treats in the mail & knowing we’ll both end up with the same fabrics in a quilt each.

My blocks are all pieced and in  a pile all ready to be stitched into a quilt top. It’s going to be HUGE quilt of scrappy happy love.

scrappy correspondance quilt

wip #5: Another joint effort :).  My ponderings over how to quilt my Liberty Snippets quilt has been taken off my hands by a kind offer from my dear friend (blogless) Kellie.  Kellie is a serious whizz with the free motion quilting & recently got a new toy. Having quilted & re-quilted every morsel of fabric within her reach she was running out of projects fast & had the Liberty Snippets in her sights! LUCKY ME!!!

So far I’ve only been allowed a sneak peek but later today I collect the finished piece. EXCITEMENT! Would you like a sneak peek too?

liberty love

AMAZING right? I can’t wait to see the whole thing. Once it’s  is all bound up  I’ll show you too!

So there it is, my current wip list, not too scary at present though I am certain more will be added before all the above are crossed of the list!  I have yarn at the ready to cast on another project or two & it’s definitely knitty weather here now. brrr.

Be Sociable, Share!

Stephanie June 20, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I love your liberty snippets quilt especially now with quilting! So beautiful! Is the quilting thread charcoal? It looks beautiful on the creamy white!

kathyh June 20, 2013 at 12:32 pm

The sneak peak is amazing.
I cant believe she is free-motion quilting that lovely floral counterpoint to your liberty snippets.

Kirsty June 20, 2013 at 1:52 pm

How excitement – the Liberty quilt is stunning! Go forth and enjoy, every day and forever!

Helen Mills June 20, 2013 at 4:09 pm

What a wonderful blog you have created! I can’t believe the detail in Kellie’s quilting. It’s so beautiful. And I love the idea of a “correspondence quilt”. What a joy!

Margarete June 20, 2013 at 4:22 pm

The blocks in blue & grey – so beautiful!

Fran June 20, 2013 at 7:00 pm

Fabulous quilting!! It will be an amazing quilt :-)

Martha June 21, 2013 at 3:11 am

Lots of loveliness… I Love all your projects. The log cabin blocks are my favorite. So beautiful!

Marianne Patterson June 21, 2013 at 4:33 am

Your quilts are beautiful. I esp love the blue and grey log cabin one…so lovely. And I can’t believe that you’re working on a cross stitch pattern and it’s the same one I’m currently making! I hadn’t done a cross stitch piece in years either, but when I saw this insect one I knew I had to make it. Isn’t it adorable? I’m having fun stitching it in the evenings while watching TV. Small world!

Sasha June 21, 2013 at 9:19 am

I love each and every one of your WIPs. I can’t wait to see more of your Liberty Snippets quilt. Oh my goodness!!!! It’s beautiful!

Tamie June 22, 2013 at 2:36 pm

Loving your large blue and grey log cabins. They are so pretty.

Camilla June 24, 2013 at 9:30 am

Wow that was quick knitting! Less than 2 months is pretty speedy in my book even thou you said it wouldn’t be quick. Love your blue logs, look forward to seeing what these become.

Katy July 2, 2013 at 7:57 am

Sure, the whole point of craft time is to create more WIPs ;o)

Jan Ward July 16, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I will look forward to seeing your mums and pictures of your chain quilts when they are completed. It is such a lovely idea. Your liberty snippets quilt is beautiful.