wrap it up bag

by Nova on March 11, 2013

I whipped myself up a new ‘wrap it up bag‘ the other afternoon.  I haven’t made one of these for a while & it is such a great pattern & a great bag.

I’m on a bit of a ‘try & use up what you’ve got in the stash ‘ kick at the moment so patched together some favourite stashed  pieces of Echino to make up the size required for the pattern pieces. The linen/cotton blend of course makes for a bulkier wrapped up bag then regular quilting cotton would,  but it still wraps up really easily & snaps shut well within the size given in the pattern.

wrap it up bag 2 wrap it up bag

wrap it up bag 1 wrap it up bag

wrap it up bag wrap it up bag

project notes:

wrap it up bag pattern by Penny @ sewtakeahike. Find the pattern in Penny’s etsy shop.
fabrics by echino
lining fabric & snap tab fabric is dinky dots by Michael Miller in lime.

pin it button wrap it up bag

Gwenda March 11, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Just love the wrap up bag…so nice to see fabric used in such a great item.

Martha March 12, 2013 at 2:35 am

I love the fabrics that you used. Your bag is so pretty… I think I want to make me one.

Truly Myrtle March 12, 2013 at 5:07 am

I love this – the fabric looks fabulous together. Well done on stash diving!

Kelly Rodgers March 12, 2013 at 6:17 am

So cute Nova. I love the colours!

Flying Blind March 12, 2013 at 7:42 am

Oooh love it!

Fiona March 12, 2013 at 8:48 am

Beautiful! I bought that pattern ages ago and still haven’t got round to making it. You’re putting me in the mood to make one :)

Katy March 12, 2013 at 10:09 am

Oooh, pretty in the Echino! I have a pile of bags in my future to use up some stash. When I have a spare moment. Ha ;o)

tiffany March 13, 2013 at 11:11 am

oh wow… it’s perfect! i really admire the fact that you can actually use your Echino too – i’m a ‘fraidy cat & can only hoard it!

Franziska March 13, 2013 at 9:44 pm

fresh fabrics! I didn’t try the pattern but maybe I’ll experiment a little on my own before buying it. We’ll see how it goes.

anna March 14, 2013 at 6:41 am

love this Nova, so much. Those fabrics are perfect for that bag! I’m so with ya on the ‘try to use what I’ve got’ stuff!! It’s kind of fun to see the piles shrinking!

Erica at Sew So Crafty March 14, 2013 at 7:16 pm

I have been meaning to make one of these bags for ages and seeing yours has reminded and inspired me to finally get it done!

Rachel at Stitched in Color March 15, 2013 at 8:38 am

What a great little bag and cool pattern! I like it all the more for the pieced-together look.