bye bye google reader

by Nova on March 26, 2013

Such a shame the ol’ Google reader is leaving us.

So……Where are you heading to catch up on your blogs?

I’m off to Bloglovin –  I’ve been trying it for a couple of weeks & I like it.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Angela March 26, 2013 at 4:54 am

I have to ask if you’ve had any problems leaving comments on blogs through bloglovin. I’ve tried to leave several and they are not showing up. Any idea on how to fix this problem?

mathea March 26, 2013 at 5:28 am

I’ve been on Bloglovin’ for a couple of days, and so far, so good. In fact, I think I like it better than Google Reader. Except for the advertising – but that’s what keeps it free, I suppose.

Franziska March 26, 2013 at 6:28 am

My programm is called “feedreader”. :)

Mary March 26, 2013 at 7:14 am

I have been using Bloglovin so far and like it too. I just need to find how to add it to my Flipboard so I can read it like my google reader other then that is doing what I need :)

Camilla March 26, 2013 at 10:51 am

I’ve been trying Feedly and I like that so far, tho’ I haven’t switched on the iPad yet.

CitricSugar March 26, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I’ve been using Reeder for a while (ever since Apple cut the reader from Mail and Safari… RAWR.) and I like it. I’ve got it on the Mac, my phone and my tablet and it syncs across and with the soon-to-be-gone Google Reader but I’ve been told it will work even after GR goes to seed. It’s Mac only though, and not free, though not expensive either. Still debating whether I want to “claim” my blog, which sounds bizarre that I have to ‘join’ something just so people can find me again. I don’t facebook, pinterest or tweet so it’s a tough decision for me.

Katy March 27, 2013 at 6:28 am

I’ve always just used my blogger dashboard, but that’s no help to you, sorry!

Erica at Sew So Crafty March 29, 2013 at 7:04 am

Oh my … just when I catch up with everything they go and change it & provide me with another technical challenge! As I get older it is proving harder to keep up …groan! Wonder who is feeling the same?

Bonnie March 31, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Unfortunately Bloglovin’ doesn’t have an app for my iPad, only for iPhone. I love relaxing in a comfortable spot and catching up on all my blogs on my iPad rather than sitting at my desktop and using my PC so I’m still looking for the perfect solution.

Karin April 12, 2013 at 8:43 am

I’ve switched to Feedly and like it so far. Now I just have to figure out what I’m doing with the feedburner feed… What do you use?