lavender bags

by Nova on February 18, 2013

it’s that time of year here  in the sub-tropics.
very very rainy.
which makes everything in the home  begin to feel a bit damp & yuk.
a quick freshen up solution was required.
lavender bags!

this one I made from a kit I won in a Lotta Jansdotter competition last year.

lotta jansdotter lavender bag lavender bags

I made a couple  more with some pretty scraps

lavender bags 1 lavender bags

& still had a bit of lavender left over so whipped up a couple of mini lavender bags for the knitting basket to keep those pesky moths at bay

lavender bags lavender bags

super easy project for a rainy afternoon & the house smells sweet again :)

what did you make on the weekend?

Lionesslady February 18, 2013 at 3:07 pm

These are such a sweet idea. Thanks for sharing.

Fiona February 18, 2013 at 6:11 pm

So….. Linebreak’s now got to the point where you need mothballs??? I spot the yarn! I didn’t mean to scare you off. I’m loving knitting it and you will too. Get your knitty on before it’s cold!

Franziska February 18, 2013 at 6:12 pm

Looks nice.
I sewed one star, one key fob and 3 blocks of inside & out. That’s it. :)

Flying Blind February 18, 2013 at 6:28 pm

I didn’t make anything as pretty as these!

Jo @ a life in lists February 18, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Gorgeous! Love the little red riding hood one especially.

fiona February 18, 2013 at 10:37 pm

Beautiful! I love masking lavender bags. I was studying and working all weekend and made nothing at all!

Kelly February 18, 2013 at 11:11 pm

I love the Lotta Jansdotter fabric, very cool! I bet they do smell lovely!
No sewing here, but a little bit of shopping.

Lori February 19, 2013 at 12:45 am

I love making lavendar bags. I just made a few as gifts for my sister and my Mom for their March birthdays. :) Mostly over the weekend it was a cleaning and organizing weekend in my sewing room.
Lori

Karin på Ösäter February 19, 2013 at 1:01 am

I didn´t do anything pretty, I had a idea to redo my sewing room, and I long for something nice on saturday evening when everything was a complete chaos, lavender to calm me down would have been nice, well I am almos done with throwing away old broken stuff I could not use again. I call it my deathcleaning so my children don´t have all my old trash to take care off when I can´t do it. All the fabrics and yarn I am tired of I send to school, I love recycling.
Have nice week

Karin

Marian February 19, 2013 at 3:37 am

These are all adorable! Thanks for sharing them. I bought lavender at the market last month and now I’m inspired to use it. Hope my sachets are as cute!

Ailsa February 19, 2013 at 4:59 am

Very cute!!!

Katy February 19, 2013 at 5:16 am

Oooh, pretty, makes me rather long for Provencal lavender fields. Only 4 more months…

Ericka February 19, 2013 at 5:37 am

Do you fill these with just lavender or do you use more in there?

Sasha February 21, 2013 at 1:59 am

I just made some lavender bags too!! I brought them to my lys and everyone loved them =D I think mine finished at about a 3″ square…just big enough to fit in a project bag without taking up too much space :)