Liberty Scrap Challenge – June Guest Spot

by Nova on June 19, 2012

liberty scrap challenge banner Liberty Scrap Challenge   June Guest Spot

Jo & I were thrilled when Leila of ‘Where the Orchids Grow‘ took up the Liberty Scrap Challenge Guest Spot this month! We both adore Leila’s style & were excited to see what she would make with her scrap pack…..

Squee!  Check out the teeny tiny hexie cuteness of her adorable flex frame pouch!

Liberty Pouch by Leila Liberty Scrap Challenge   June Guest Spot[image courtesy of Leila @ Where the Orchids Grow]

so so so cute!

Leila has kindly put together a hexagon tutorial & details on how to make a flex frame pouch on her blog.

Thank you so much Leila for taking up the challenge! x

Are you a lover of all things Liberty & scrappy? Do you fancy being a guest challenger in the Liberty Scrap Challenge?  Leila has a Liberty scrap pack courtesy of The Organic Stitch Co to giveaway if  you’d like to take up the challenge to make a small scrappy project then share the process or tute on your blog & we’ll link you up to the Scrap Challenge Tutorial list. Yay! If this sounds like your cup of tea them hoppity skip over to Leila’s place & let her know in the comments on her Scrap Challenge post.

You can find all the tutorials from the challenge so far from myself & our fabulous guest challengers in the master tutorial list.

& more Liberty Love has been popping up in the Liberty Scrap Challenge flickr group (credit & links to individual images below mosaic) …

Liberty love1 Liberty Scrap Challenge   June Guest Spot

1. flower wreath pincushion, 2. Hanger challenge, 3. Liberty reverse applique coasters, 4. Liberty coaster set, 5. Liberty-Fabric-Zippered-Pouch-Front, 6. 7″ nesting bowl, 7. Liberty lawn and Linen tea cup, 8. Wrap Bracelet, 9. Doll’s Tea cosy

I’ll be back later in the month with my scrappy offerings, in the meantime if you need a Liberty hit, by popular demand Jo has packs of assorted 5″  charm squares in her shop! excitement! Check out these beauties from Jo & Ashley for some charming inspiration!

the organic stitch co Liberty Scrap Challenge   June Guest Spot

Happy scrapping :)

x

Karen June 19, 2012 at 8:25 am

Love this wee pouch – am off to check out Leilas tutorial… It looks gorgeous!

Katy June 19, 2012 at 9:43 am

Love Leila’s work! Although I read her post first and missed the guest post note, so didn’t comment with it, but really July’s a bit mad anyway, so I shall shoot for August or after instead (phew, that was a long sentence going nowhere!)

Flying Blind June 19, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Love Leila’s purse – like I told her, I have all the requirements, and now even some Liberty scraps from Jo x

Leila June 19, 2012 at 5:20 pm

It was such a pleasure to work with these pretty Liberty’s!!
Thoroughly enjoyed it, thanks Nova!!

Jo @ a life in lists June 19, 2012 at 9:48 pm

You were right, Leila’s project is amazing! Absolutely love it, and I’m so grateful to you and all the other Liberty Challengers for getting involved :)

Sonia June 19, 2012 at 10:29 pm

That pouch is just adorable – I have a spare flex-frame hanging around so off to check it out! Thanks so much for the mention x

elsa June 21, 2012 at 2:07 am

Oh, I do love this pouch.
I’ve got some Liberty fabric but just can’t cut into it ~ yet.

Lorraine June 26, 2012 at 4:16 pm

Thanks for posting a pic of my Liberty bowl , it’s in amazing company :)