Liberty Scrap Challenge – May Guest Spot

by Nova on May 3, 2012

liberty scrap challenge banner Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot

A big ‘hello’ to our May guest challenger in the Liberty Scrap Challenge- Florence of Flossie Teacakes. Thank you so much for accepting the challenge Florence x

Florence was so excited by her Liberty scrap pack from Jo at The Organic Stitch Co that she has come up with 2 tutorials. Hurrah!

Liberty.Pinwheel.Cake.Toppers. Truly, does it get any sweeter than that?

bb Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot  [Image courtesy of Flossie Teacakes]

Florence came up trumps (and then some) with these adorable Liberty cake toppers. Fill your world with pinwheel adorned cupcakes using her template & tutorial here.

aa Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot  [Image courtesy of Flossie Teacakes]

While eating aforementioned Liberty pinwheel adorned cupcakes, find yourself a cosy nook to read a favourite novel & keep your place with these very niftily designed Liberty bookmarks. SO pretty!

3 Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot

Liberty bookmarks Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot  [Images courtesy of Flossie Teacakes]

You’ll find the tutorial & all the templates you need for Florence’s fabric bookmark right here.

We’d all love to see if you make some cake toppers & bookmarks! Please share your pics for us to ooh & ahh over in The Liberty Scrap Challenge Flickr group & in the Flossie Teacakes Flickr group.

Need to top up your Liberty scrap stash? Jo can help you out there :)  find all your Liberty needs from scraps to charms to fat 1/8ths & beyond at the Organic Stitch Co.

the organic stitch co Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot  More Liberty scrap love later in the month! Meanwhile, you can find links to  previous months tutorials all in one spot right here.

pin it button Liberty Scrap Challenge   May Guest Spot

Flying Blind May 3, 2012 at 7:35 am

Oh very sweet!

Katy May 3, 2012 at 7:35 am

Love both of these, and now I’m trying to think of an excuse to make mini pinwheels!

jess May 3, 2012 at 8:50 am

Those pinwheels are brilliant!

kerri May 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

oh my, those are the sweetest little pinwheels!! i love them, nova!!

ps. i just made your sweet petal pocket pillow and loved how it turned out. you’ll have to check out my blog to see. it was such fun to make!! THANKS so much for sharing your pattern with us!!

Maryanne May 3, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Hi Nova and Florence, Two such gorgeous projects for the month of May, thank you. My heart goes pitter patter when I see the cake toppers -firstly because they are so gorgeous but I must admit there is a rising sense of anxiety as well!!! I am worried someone will get icing on that beautiful fabric!! Maybe I’ll have to make mine in to hair clips for my girls. I still haven’t quite conquered my “liberty is too beautiful to use” crazy thoughts!!

elsa May 4, 2012 at 4:39 am

Love both projects! especially the book marks ~ a great way to use up scraps! Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Kate Conklin May 5, 2012 at 1:01 am

Um, I think I really need one of those bookmarks! Really pretty.

Shankevia May 6, 2012 at 3:55 am

There is nothing about you work that I don’t like. I love the fabric that you use and how you use them. Like so many other mature quilters ans sewers, I get overwhelmed when I see such great creativity. Thanks for your inspiration.

Florence May 10, 2012 at 7:10 am

Oh I love the idea of eating the cakes while reading the books (if only we hadn’t eaten them before any reading could take place!). I’ve always known Blogger does something strange to my pictures to make them look fuzzy and odd – my pictures looks so much nicer over here on your blog…please can I come and live with you here instead?

Thank you for the lovely introduction, Nova, & for asking me to take part – as you can tell, I loved it. x