i knit mitts :)

by Nova on May 31, 2012

so excited to knit these & they have been getting a bit of use over the past few days as the weather has turned a bit nippy here!

I loved this project – an easy knit but just challenging enough for a newbie knitter with lots of ‘new to me’ techniques to learn.

& then rinse & repeat for the matching pair :)

I knitted along with my ever patient friend & knitty mentor Fi, which was fun & so great to have the hand holding, tips & encouragement & to share lots of tea & cake in the process :) thanks Fi x

Yarn & project details over on Ravelry.

Flying Blind May 31, 2012 at 7:22 am

Oh these are great – I have a pair without fingers and they are so useful! Keep cozy x

Lynne May 31, 2012 at 10:52 am

Well done! I have knitted several pairs of mitts over the past month but they don’t look as soft as yours. For myself I have pair of fingerless gloves (they were a gift) which I keep near my computer so I can keep typing on cold winter mornings!

Brave New Fiona May 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Hey Nova, these mittens are awesome. nice work. I think I shall clickety-click a pair for myself. xx Fi

CitricSugar May 31, 2012 at 5:17 pm

They are lovely! Beautiful job – you’d never know you were a new knitter. Love your yarn choice.

Mitts are how I taught myself how to use double-points. My first pair was for my sister many years ago. I think I’ve knit more than a hundred since then…

Sonia May 31, 2012 at 10:46 pm

Ohhh Nova – they’re lovely! I bought some grey yarn at Wonderwool that I’m planning on knitting into something like this! Will have to check out the pattern, I love the different direction of the finger cuff to the body of the mitt, if that makes any sense?! :) x

Karen May 31, 2012 at 11:05 pm

These are super cute and cozy! What a great way to work on your skills right? I knitted some much more basic than these for a first project a few years ago; they don’t look half as good as yours do. Lovely job!

Surly May 31, 2012 at 11:30 pm

Those are so cute! I love the color choice too. Real beautiful neutral. I’ve been knitting for about 7 years and I find I make more fingerless gloves than anything else (I guess I like smaller projects I know have a chance of being completed).

Pippa June 1, 2012 at 8:05 am

These are great! I’ve been knitting a lot lately too– and for better or worse, finding I still need a sweater in the evening!

Karen June 5, 2012 at 1:39 am

I made a pair of thick ones, not quite such a long cuff, and I wore them a TON over the winter. Great for walking the dog!