Liberty Scrap Challenge 2012

by Nova on January 8, 2012

It’s no secret that I LOVE sewing with scraps. I’m also partial to a spot of Liberty fabric (who isn’t ?!).  So my bloggy friend Jo & I put our heads together and came up with a challenge of sorts for 2012….

Welcome to the…

liberty scrap challenge banner1 Liberty Scrap Challenge 2012

Over the course of 2012 I’ll be challenged by Jo with  little packages of scrappy Liberty love from her shop, ‘The Organic Stitch Co.’  – have you visited before? it’s a little slice of Liberty heaven & Jo is a tip top shop keeper :)  You won’t be disappointed I promise!

As well as offering yardage, fat quarters  &  fat eighths,  Jo also has yummy charm packs, build your own bundles, bias binding,  buttons & more with occasional vintage treasures sprinkled throughout. And let’s not  forget she has scrap packs too!  Hurrah!  If Liberty is your thing then off you hop & check it out!

the organic stitch co1 Liberty Scrap Challenge 2012

I’ll be turning  my Liberty Scrap Packs into a scrappy  project  which will be accompanied with a tutorial  so you can play along too if you like :)

We’ll have Guest Challengers along the way and giveaways too with winners invited to share their projects and add them to the Master list of Challenge Tutes.

There’s no set rules,  just  break out your scraps (Liberty or otherwise!)  & let’s make stuff! Yay!

Let’s liberate the Liberty! Don’t stash it…set it free!!! All too often I hear of Liberty hidden away in the stash, its owner too fearful of cutting & sewing it.  It’s expensive stuff so it’s totally understandable but if this sounds like you, & you’re having trouble using it then why not start small & snip into some scraps first :)

There’s no pressure to make all the projects in the challenge -  it’s more of a pop in & out as you fancy kind of a challenge ;)  it’s all very cruise-y around here!

Wanna play? Check back here tomorrow for our first project of the challenge! woot!

pin it button Liberty Scrap Challenge 2012

Tanya January 8, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Sounds lovely Nova. Have bought from Jo before and was very happy :-). I’m hoping to make a few of your projects, sounds much more achievable than a massive quilt at the moment! X

Katy January 8, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Looking forward to seeing what you creat :o)

Melissa January 8, 2012 at 10:01 pm

This sounds wonderful. I have a collection of blue Liberty prints that I bought when I lived in Londaon back in…2000! I love looking at them in my stash but have been hard pressed to cut them up. Maybe this is my incentive along with buying a few more from Jo!

House of pinheiro January 9, 2012 at 12:08 am

Great idea xx

Jo @ a life in lists January 9, 2012 at 2:37 am

Hurrah! I am SO excited to see what you make with the scraps. I am already plotting next month’s bundle.

Leanne January 9, 2012 at 3:11 am

So I have adored liberty fabric from long before I ever quilted, and so it is not really your fault that I have ordered a great bunch of them from your lovely friend. I look forward to seeing what you make.

Maryanne January 9, 2012 at 4:45 pm

Hi Nova,
I am very excited about this project.I too have an odd relationship with Liberty. I have a small collection that I love to look at but am too scared to cut. I wrote about it here:
I have just bought some scraps from Jo and hoping these and your projects will help me conquer this phobia I have of cutting something so beautiful!

Sweet Cottage Dreams January 21, 2012 at 1:57 am

the little bunting is soooo cute and i would LOVE to make one up, however for some reason i cannot download the instructions. would you mind emailing me the instructions – if this isn’t too much to do. ** thank you **

have a great day!

keep making all of those wonderful things that you do.

xx
becky

Mel April 4, 2012 at 4:34 pm

Such a great idea Nova. I’m all signed up to the flickr group and am now drooling over your scarf!

Jenine MorningDove June 20, 2012 at 4:45 am

I just found your site and would like to get in on the scrap projects if it isn’t too late. I have so many scraps I could make scrap quilt for a lifetime. I even gave 2 huge bags full away so I had more room in my sewing room.
Jenine