2 little pouches

by Nova on October 22, 2011

one to keep, one to gift…

noodle head gathered clutch 2 little pouches

Made using awesome Anna’s fab Gathered Clutch Tutorial. You just can’t go wrong.

notes ::

Main fabric received in a swap from Laurie – it’s the very yummy Alexander Henry Coriander in black, yellow & grey.

Trimmed with Kona Black & lined with a solid yellow.

I collect zippers from op shops to up-cycle & always try to have a stash of zips to hand (you often find some great vintagey ones with interesting zip pulls too – it’s worth a rummage :) ) If they are too long I just cut them down to fit the project requirements – there’s a great little ‘how to shorten a zipper tutorial’ here.

pin it button 2 little pouches

Heather October 22, 2011 at 7:28 am

Lovely!! I do believe I’ve used that pattern before too but it was a long time ago. I love your fabrics.

Rachel D @ Just Sew Y'all Know October 22, 2011 at 7:32 am

I just love that tutorial! Cute fabric choices too!

Leonie - Australia October 22, 2011 at 8:33 am

Very nice Nova, I just made a couple of little make up bags, I wish I had since these first, I like the gathered middle.

Michelle October 22, 2011 at 8:38 am

Just love them Nova! After working at the craft fair for the last couple of days I have lots more lovely inspiration. Bought a skirt pattern I’m dying to make, just love my funky little skirts! I met your friend at Eumundi markets when a group of us were up at the Circle retreat. It was such a coincidence and made me smile! He was doing me a pendant, and asked where we were from…. got talking…(you know how it goes) and the rest is history! I love those little moments! Hope you are going well, loved meeting you… Michelle xx (sorry for my dribble my brain is moosh at the moment…)

Pam October 22, 2011 at 9:17 am

Gorgeous little purses. Smart thinking to make two at the same time. I LOVE the fabric and the design. Thanks for sharing the link to Noodlehead.

Tanya October 22, 2011 at 9:57 am

Gosh that is lovely fabric!! I’ve made a few of those myself with the tut from Noodlehead. They are just so gorgeous and make great presents. I’m yet to make one for myself, why is that?? Need to get onto it :-)). I love your blog, always makes me smile and always!! gets me itching to sew :-). Tan X

Debra L October 22, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Thanks for pointing out the zipper tutorial. I’ll get it right one of these days!

anna October 22, 2011 at 1:20 pm

yay! so glad you liked the tutorial!!! beautiful job and love those fabrics. :)

Katy October 22, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Ooh, love that fabric, great colours

leanne October 25, 2011 at 10:30 am

thanks for the link to the tutorial – I needed a christmas gift for one of my nieces and now I’ve found it – might even do one for my sister in law as well – thanks

MBMeadows October 26, 2011 at 1:17 pm

so cute! I love em! Love the fabric too!!!

Wag Doll October 29, 2011 at 1:39 am

Oh thats fab! And thanks for pointing out the original tutorial, will attempt to make one at some point. x

Frops October 29, 2011 at 7:27 am

Love them x love the fabric and colours x