another quillow :)

by Nova on July 28, 2011

while it can be somewhat daunting sewing with someone else’s fabrics, it’s also enormous fun!  Playing with fabrics that someone else has selected (with a free reign to ‘go for it’) is so fun &  did I  mention how much fun I had making this?!

quillow another quillow :)

Laurie & I organised a little swap. In exchange for the making of a quillow in her fabric picks, I was spoilt rotten with a fabulous array of  fabrics, notebooks  and a jar of the yummiest marmalade in the world. eek!  Fun fun fun! I love a good ol’  fashioned barter ;)

Flicking through Laurie’s Flickr faves revealed she has a bit of a thing for square in square quilt blocks. Yay! Me too!

Here’s the quillow all opened out…

quillow 1 another quillow :)

& the flipside with soft & snuggly cotton chenille…

quillow 2 another quillow :)

I couldn’t resist adding an extra little  surprise  & one of the front blocks is actually a little pocket too…

quillow pocket another quillow :)

I followed my own tutorial for making a quillow

…& I also put together a little video on how to fold a quillow too :)

pause at any time if you need to  ;)

Laurie Wisbrun July 28, 2011 at 12:01 pm

I love, love, love my quillow my dear. It’s more fantastic than I even imagined it would be. And I am so glad you created the ‘how to’ for folding it. You would be dying laughing at me trying to figure out how to get it back together. I’ve never been able to fold a map back together after opening it either. THANK YOU my sweet friend. My quillow is now tops of my list of favorite things. xox

Lynne July 28, 2011 at 12:04 pm

Another lovely quilt/quillo, Nova. You inspire me.

Jamie July 28, 2011 at 8:28 pm

This quillow is fantastic! It looks so fresh and so fun! The pocket is cute. I really need to make one of these. It is on my list (which is getting way too long!).

nicke July 29, 2011 at 1:56 am

i have got to make one of these! my kids would love them. maybe you and i should work out a swap! ;)

Rachel at Stitched in Color July 29, 2011 at 2:31 am

Oh, what a great idea to trade! It turned out so happy and fun. I love those Good Folks mixed in with Laurie’s fabrics!

Chrissie Grace July 29, 2011 at 3:36 am

I love this Nova! It’s amazing :)

Mary July 29, 2011 at 6:58 am

I had the sweetest quillow at one time (unfortunately it got ruined). I loved putting my feet in that pocket when I was napping on the couch. It kept the blanket from slipping and kept my feet SOOOO warm.

Katy July 29, 2011 at 7:44 am

Ooh, what a fab idea, love it!

Tabatha July 30, 2011 at 8:21 am

I’d never heard of a Quillow until this very moment and I LOVE IT! OMG, what a great project, I foresee family receiving these as Xmas gifts this year (if I have time). :D

anna July 30, 2011 at 11:44 am

want! I seriously need to get my butt in gear and make one!

Jacquie July 30, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Gorgeous Nova. I am about to start qui lows for my kids for our camping trip. And I am definitely pinching your pocket idea – what a great place for Teddy and duck to live during the day and save me half an hour in the evening searching the tent to find them :)

Karen August 3, 2011 at 5:44 pm

Hi I new to your site found you through Quiltstory, and love this, but can to say I am in love with your redwork project! Its fab. Kxx

Margy August 3, 2011 at 8:56 pm

Love your quillow, it inspires me to also make one for my parents.