mug rug for the boy

by Nova on September 9, 2010

I am lovin’ the mug rugs that have been popping up all over the crafty blogosphere & flickrland & it was only a matter of time before I found myself on the mug rug band wagon …. or tea trolley.

See some mug rug goodness here, here, here, here, here I could go on! I am a coaster nut so this is definitely a natural progression, almost rude not to really when there’s room for a cuppa & a biccie.

A deserving  recipient of my first (of many I’m thinking…) mug rug  is the patient husband.   So for Andy, a (kinda) union jack mug rug….

mug rug mug rug for the boy

a little wonky but hey, he loves it. I sort of followed this Asterisk Tutorial adding white edges  to the strips before piecing if that makes sense.

Go forth & spread the mug rug love :)

Jan September 9, 2010 at 8:09 am

There I was over on Flickr admiring the mug rugs and I thought Ooooh I’d love a mug rug made of interesting fabrics in a Union Flag design – then I came over here and saw this! Great work!

Christine September 9, 2010 at 3:48 pm

These mug-rugs are fantastic.
Love the Union Jack.
I need some of these, like the pears!

Amelia September 9, 2010 at 11:26 pm

I love your mug rug! I have wanted to make a flag quilt for a little while now using all the flags of my family (including the Union Jack). Very inspiring, thanks.

mathea September 11, 2010 at 6:23 am

I love the idea of mug rugs, and yours is just perfect! Now why didn’t I come across this swap sooner ;-)

Erin October 2, 2010 at 11:34 am

I missed this post! I loveeeee that Union Jack …. the handstitching on it makes it so special!

wendy October 19, 2010 at 10:53 pm